The internet debates continued. Again and again, the fangirls presented fallible "arguments", and were shot down by myself and some compatriots I had eventually gained throughout the first couple months. It was a time of both great disappointment and great entertainment.
And the same went on, going into 2008, through Spring, storming through Summer, and finally into its almost-1st anniversary. The topic (which I posted on Ask a Ninja Fans, go figure) was immensely popular. For a long time it was leading in highest post count, almost 2000 more than the second-most active topic. It has since been surpassed, being knocked into 3rd by topics of no contingent value.
I was quite impressed by the range of feedback. Apparently I impressed over 100 members to join the site, just to take a swing at my opinion. Outside the site, I was becoming somewhat of a celebrity--slanderous attacks on Twilight fansites, salutations on Anti-Twilight community boards, and even being credited as a source of the most reliable arguments against the series, its characters, and its fans.
My overall impact on the internet was amazing. I feel like I am one of the fathers of Anti-Twilight-ism. More recently however, my battle has become more personal/upfront.
Just last week, my sweetheart told me of her ongoing annoyance with fangirls confronting her on a regular basis about why she's not in love Edward Cullen. Every time, she attempted to explain her reasons: 1) He does not exemplify the standards of a marriage-worthy gentleman, 2) he is both one-dimensional and unrealistic, and 3) she's already in love with someone else. Each time she tried to explain that to them, they would attack her, sometimes verbally, other times physically.
As soon as I knew her health was in danger, I immediately took a stand. Just last Saturday, I wrote a letter that I hoped would put an end to this madness once and for all.
TO BE CONTINUED...
The Living Syllabus--Unit 1 Becoming an L/T
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment