Saturday, November 8, 2008

Twilight 3d

So I met her yesterday. It was rather entertaining.
I got a ride to THS after school. There, I waited so I could hang out with friends and such. It was really good to see them again.
Anyway, I formulated this hilarious plan. After school got out down there, me and my friend went down to Esther's house (she was already home by then) and waited on the sidewalk until the Twilight girl came. We knew it was her by the book she so pompously sported between her arm and her waist. Don't exactly know what the point of that was, seeing as she's read it, I'd say, AT LEAST FOUR TIMES ALREADY. You'd think she'd have picked up on the book's flaws by then! And her not being Mormon?: Total lie. For honesty's sake, what is this person? (My favorite quote from her so far: "Well if you had the thinking brain of mine that I have, you would think that Edward Cullen is just SO AMAZING!!!" Okay, first of all, the reason we don't like him is because WE DO THINK. Second of all, I would rather die than reduce my mind to her level.)
So she didn't even really look at us when she walked up to Esther's house and was let in. It was great. We waited a while before we rang the doorbell.
And when we walked into the living room...it was both very awkward and very funny. She wasn't sure which one to give the death glare to--me, or my friend--because she didn't know which one was Stephen. Well, Andrew (that was his name) eventually had to leave, which narrowed it down. But it was funny to see her confused.
I did my best to just stay off the subject of Twilight. Really, I didn't want any trouble. I was only there for Esther's safety. I think the fangirl was trying her best not to yell at me, so she passively objected to me by picking up her book and pretending to read it. I paid no mind. She got really ticked when I started scratching Esther's back. And I don't know WHAT was going on in her head when she saw us holding hands. I think she was trying to prove to herself that my love for Esther was invalid, so she could be unchallenged in her beliefs that Edward Cullen is OMG SEW E-MAZING (I guess she figured that our relationship being healthy and satisfying would be enough to contradict her twisted point of view).
Conflict became unavoidable when she made it that way. She got to a point where she wouldn't shut up about trying to make Esther realize that Edward Cullen is a god-like pinnacle of the male creature. It was time to pull out my arsenal.
I used the "emotionally abusive" card. It was rather easy, seeing as she couldn't present anything against it except "I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY, HE'S THE GREATEST!!!OMG!!!1!!!one"; also, Esther's family was backing up most of what I was saying. What helped most of all was her mother's input. Yes, she agreed that Edward Cullen was an emotionally abusive boyfriend. There was nowhere the fangirl could go with this except out in all directions. She did an amazing job of holding back her violent nature in my presence. I didn't want any trouble, but it appeared she was rather intimidated by my art of speech.
This whole ordeal brought out a lot of my character. I found that though I may appear adamant and uncompassionate over the internet, in real-life confrontations I found it much easier to regard objectors as human beings. I was actually moved by my conscience to treat her with as much respect as I could manage. I spoke in matter-of-fact tones about matter-of-fact things, conducting myself in a civil manner just as I had promised. When we weren't arguing about Twilight, I was shocked to find that I had a tendency to be friendly with her. I just wanted to hang out and have fun.
I guess, deep down, I am very compassionate with other human beings. I don't want there to be any conflict. Yes, if someone has a wrong idea, I make it my job to correct them (some consider that a flaw in my character), but in real-life confrontations, I never want to raise my voice or be offensive/aggressive.
I suppose if Twilight was never written, there would be nothing between me and those fangirls. I might actually enjoy their company at all times. It's hard to believe, but they are still human beings, and as such, I have a weak spot for unconditional respect.

No comments: